Dawn is near. But right now the darkness is deep. Welcome to the web site of TIM LEIGHTON – writer, seeker, sucker. This site is about the journey and struggle of souls- mine, yours and others now passed. Spiritual but without religion, it is laid down through blogs, memoirs & slices of flesh-and-blood fiction. The site title is taken from my first book- ‘Before Dawn. An Inspired Guidance For Those Who Are Questioning’ This small book is an exception to my normal style- it came to me from ‘another place’ in a 40-minute surge in 1989 – but it is not a bad cornerstone. See more about it in the Before Dawn blog.
In the development of this site, the aim is to upload an eclectic mess of my writings from down the years- hoping to stimulate or provoke you lovingly while we ascend through the murk. My memoirs and blogs record this soul’s track through half the 20th Century and into the 21st; an era that happens to contain perhaps the most volatile, chaotic and sometimes sublime phases of humans on Earth. My upcoming novels and stories seem to follow a theme of daring to look into our darkest corners but with a faint awareness of future light. Love perhaps.
RECENT POSTS (click on any title) :-
- For Those Who Are Questioning- Before Dawn- Reading 1
- Journal From The Beginning Of The End
- Another Noisy Gathering On The Quai Today
- Notes As Though A Visitor – Blog Introduction
- Manchester’s Airport- Landings To Take Off (A prophetic allegory)
- Ships And Pilots Gone
- Highway Society
- Where Once I Stood As A Child
- On Saughall Farmland, An Era Later
- When Again The Darkness Has Swallowed The Sun
Follow My Blogs
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.
Background image Copyright © 2009 Tim Leighton